Monday, July 9, 2007

Cool Job When Boss Goes Out of the Way


In my prior blogging effort more than a year ago and from time to time in our Wabash blog, I write about my job. There are many cool things about working at Wabash College.

Last week I traveled to the Fort Wayne area where I interviewed three students doing very different types of summer jobs. I wrote about that in our Wabash FYI Blog.

Today was a bit of a typical day on campus with just desk work to complete. But in another way it was atypical. A 1973 graduate, Wayne Hoover, was cycling through Crawfordsville to honor a deceased friend. You can read about that on the Wabash homepage.

Today was also the annual admissions' canoe trip. The admissions staff invite incoming freshmen to campus for a canoe trip down Sugar Creek, lunch, and a chance to get to know their new classmates.

The cool thing is there was our CEO - President Patrick White at the college chapel at 8:15 a.m. to greet the cyclist, and then he was present again in the blazing sun to share lunch with the 18 year olds experiencing their new college.
You can call it kissing up if you like - but I think that's pretty cool!

No comments:

Post a Comment