Tuesday, June 2, 2009

Excited to be a Guest Judge at Indy Wine Competition

Since my full-time job is in marketing, I can usually spot a good marketing ploy when I see it. That being said, go ahead and take advantage of me!

I was asked today to be a "guest judge" at the 18th Indy International Wine Competition held annually at the state fairgrounds. It's June 16 and 17 and draws more than 3,000 wines from 12 countries.

Organizers are inviting journalists to sit with a regular panel of judges and participate in the process - taste the wines, discuss the wines, though the guests won't be doing any judging.

The idea is to bring attention to the annual competition and Indiana's wine industry. I'm all for it!

So between now and then, I'll work on spitting! It should make a fun newspaper column/blog topic - or two!

Send comment or questions to: hewitthoward@gmail.com

No comments:

Post a Comment