Friday, March 13, 2009

A Very Inexpensive, Very Drinkable Garnacha

Sometimes simple says it best.

I picked up a bottle of D'Aragon 2007 Old Vine Garnacha from Spain at Vine and Table in Carmel a couple weeks ago and opened it last night.

It's a very nicely balanced wine with a real smooth flavor of herbs and berries. There is very little tannin on the finish and mild acidity.

I was directed to this wine by V&T's wine buyer. It sold for $9.99. I'm telling you for the money, it's pretty darn good juice!

If you want to read the 'geek' specs, check out this spec sheet from the winemaker.

I'd recommend giving it a try. Not sure you'll see it beyond Vine and Table, I believe its an exclusive. But if you have a reason to get to Carmel this is great $10 wine for dinner. This would pair great with mild pasta, olive oil and penne pasta type dishes, or just by itself.

Send comment or questions to: hewitthoward@gmail.com

No comments:

Post a Comment