Wednesday, September 16, 2009

A Little Bottle of Spanish Wine With Big Taste



I bought a half bottle of SantoNegro Crianza "Barrel Selection" red wine at Mass Ave Wine Shop in Indianapolis today. How can you beat $4.99 for a couple nice glasses of wine?

The juice is 60 percent Monastrell (think Castano I've raved about) and 40 percent of Spain's most traditional red grape, Tempranillo.

It was smooth with some cherry and hint of vanilla, I thought. It had enough tannins to be taken seriously and a really nice finish for an inexpensive bottle of wine. It was nothing fancy and nothing memorable but was a darn nice glass of wine on the cheap.

I write about these and pick up bottles like this one to encourage people to try something different and/or try something new.

This was a nice half bottle of wine.

In photo: I think I could be a hand model???????!!!!????

Send comment or questions to: hewitthoward@gmail.com

No comments:

Post a Comment