Wednesday, September 23, 2009

My First Post on Palate Press Up Today

The wine blogging thing has been fun. A few months back I was contacted by fellow Indiana wine blogger David Honig to ask if I'd be interested in contributing to a new national online wine magazine - Palate Press.

Of course, I said yes!

The online magazine was launched about two weeks ago and is getting tremendous hits. They have rounded up some of the top wine bloggers in the nation as contributors. I'm not sure how I got invited but was happy to participate.

The magazine's editor is W.R. Tish, the editor of Wine Enthusiast from 1988 to 1998.

I was asked to do something on Portugal's emerging table wine values. If you read my blog regularly, you've noticed all the Portuguese wines over the past month.

Well the piece is up today! I worked for nearly four years at the Indianapolis Star, which at the time had circulation exceeding 400,000 on Sundays. Palate Press hit 3,000 and 4,000 hits in its first week. Still, there is something exciting about contributing to a national effort with such great contributors.

You can go directly to my story here. But check out Palate Press and all the great stories regularly.

Send comment or questions to: hewitthoward@gmail.com

No comments:

Post a Comment