Tuesday, April 6, 2010

Perrin & Fils Cotes du Rhone Villages Dynamite Value Wine

I'm loving the Cotes du Rhone wines the past several months. I had not had a bottle of red wine open in more than a week and was feeling the need tonight.

I opened a 2007 Perrin & Fils 2007 Cotes du Rhone Villages 50 percent Grenache and 50 percent Syrah wine that I had purchased at Grapevine Cottage in Zionsville. This wine retails anywhere from $10-$15 a bottle. I found it closer to the $10 price point. Wine Spectator gave the wine 90 points. I think that's a point or two high but its hard to dislike this nice little wine!

The Perrin & Fils is a nice-balanced, rich red wine. It has the nice dark fruit flavors you'd expect from Grenache and Syrah. The wine is a reasonable 13 percent alcohol.

The nose isn't much to talk about and there isn't a lingering finish many treasure in great wine. This would make a great table or house wine. It's very drinkable, good value, and a great sipper with or without food!

Send comment or questions to: hewitthoward@gmail.com

No comments:

Post a Comment