Tuesday, May 11, 2010

Catching Up On a Few Things

It's easy to fall out of the habit of updating the blog, even when there is a lot going on and I'm trying new wines.

So just a couple of quick updates.

- When you're the 'wine guy' to friends and at work you get a lot of interesting inquiries and assignments. Two years ago I helped form a committee to choose wines for a huge reunion weekend we host each summer. It was enormous fun.

We did it again Monday, selecting wines for Big Bash 2010. I wrote a short piece about it for our office's Public Affairs blog. You can read that here.

By the way, the Bonarda I described in that blog entry is Broquel 2006 Bonarda. It's produced by Trapice, a name you may be more familiar with than Broquel, and comes from the Mendoza Valley. It rocks.

- I hosted two wine tastings down in Terre Haute - the last one a week ago. I have some marvelous pictures I need to prep, load into an album and link here. I'll get that up in next day or so!

- Finally,I've had some really interesting sample wines arrive at the office lately so I have a lot to review - or, as I like to call it, research!

Send comment or questions to: hewitthoward@gmail.com

No comments:

Post a Comment