Sunday, June 19, 2011

Its Sounds Crazy, But Try Wine Cake

I love to cook but I'm certainly no baker. Like many of my generation my mother, now 85 years young, can whip up some pretty darn good baked goods.

And ... I helped! (get the pop cultural reference?)

Any way ... Mom and I have made this recipe with Strawberry, Raspberry, and Cherry fruit wine. I'm not a fruit wine fan generally but it makes darn fine cake!

I dressed up Saturday's version of Strawberry wine cake with small bits of fresh strawberries as you can see in the iPhone pic I shot shown here.

Wine Cake:
1 box white cake mix with pudding (or regular works too!)
1 cup of berry wine
1 cup oil
1 small box of same berry jello
1 tsp vanilla
4 eggs

Combine all ingredients. Bake in greased and floured bundt pan at 325 for 50-60 minutes.

Glaze:
1 2/3 cup powdered sugar
1/4 cup berry wine

(I usually take 1/2 cup or more of the berry wine and cook it down to 1/4 cup to intensify the wonderful icing!

I'm tellking ya, this cake rocks!

Send comment or questions to: hewitthoward@gmail.com

No comments:

Post a Comment