Tuesday, October 30, 2012

Check Out the Photos From Chablis Wine Trip

A pretty little canal in the heart of the village of Chablis
One of the fun things about trips to wine country, besides the incredible wines, fabulous foods and the royal treatment, is a chance to shoot photos.

I did a little (not much) photography off and on in my newspaper career. But when I took my current position in 2004, I had to step up my photo game.

I'm still a photo novice of sorts but have gotten much better. I have carried heavy and expensive equipment on previous trips that's not much fun for travel. So when I was in Bordeaux and noticed a fellow journalist/photographer using a higher-end point-and-shoot camera, I asked a lot of questions.

The result is I went out and bought a 12 megapixel, 20 times zoom, image stabilization camera for under $300.

The album attached is the result and I'm pretty pleased. Check out my shots from Chablis.

Send comment or questions to: hewitthoward@gmail.com

No comments:

Post a Comment