Monday, September 7, 2009

Finally Found a Pretty Darn Good Portuguese Red

I've been trying some Portuguese red table wines for a piece I'm writing for later this month on Palate Press. Palate Press is a new nationally-focused online wine magazine.

I was asked by the editor to do a piece on Portugal's table wines. So I'm doing what I like to call "research!" Ha!

To make a long story short, considering I've written about it here before, I finally found a very nice red wine. Chamine' Vinho Tinto from Cas Agricola Cortes de Cima red wine is a really nice glass of juice.

The wine is a blend of five grapes, big and juicy with great body and smooth finish - just a touch of tannins. The grapes are Tempranillo, Syrah, Touriga Nacional, Trincadeira and a bit of Cabernet Sauvignon. The wine comes from one of Portugal's
Alentejano region in south central Portugal east of Lisbon and bordering Spain.

I had the wine with a grill America's cut pork chop and grilled asparagus and it was great. This wine holds up to about anything on the market at the $12.99 price point. I really enjoyed it and would recommend it strongly.

I bought this bottle at Kahn's Fine Wines on Keystone in Indianapolis.
Send comment or questions to: hewitthoward@gmail.com

No comments:

Post a Comment