Saturday, November 6, 2010

"Dudes on Porch" Debuts Monday Night

One of the best ways to really enjoy wine and learn more about wine is to drink new wines with friends.

I have a group of buddies who get together every 2-3 weeks and we taste 3-4 wines. We talk about the wine, snack a little, and debate a few other topics. We started calling ourselves "Dudes on the Porch" because it just happens to be all guys and all summer we got together on my large front porch.

Last week I thought it would be great fun to do a video blog episode with the guys. Well, the "Dudes" were up for the video idea. Then "Dude" Patrick thought it would be a great to do Thanksgiving wines. I agreed.

So Tuesday night, Nov. 2, we got together in my living room - too cold for outside - and sampled three whites and three reds we thought would be great for Thanksgiving. We video taped everyone's thoughts about each wine.

I'm going to put the vids up one wine at a time, starting Monday night through Saturday. The videos are pretty simple, not over produced, and about two minutes each. But I think it provides a good example of how palates are different and how much fun you can have doing the same thing.

Make sure to check back Monday night for the debut of the "Dudes!"

Send comment or questions to: hewitthoward@gmail.com

No comments:

Post a Comment