Sunday, January 30, 2011

Indy Winter Market a Real Winter Treat


One of my New Year's Resolutions was to write a little bit about food, markets, and such during the New Year - both here and in the newspaper column. After all, foodies usually enjoy wine and vice versa. I also hope to do a few more one-day or weekend trip stories.

I found the Indy Winter Market almost by accident - a long story. But wow, you can click the Indy Winter Market link and see all the distributors. Several bakeries, veggies, meats (bison and such), cheese, herbs, some greens and chocolate. The amazing part is all of this is available in the middle of the winter!

I made the trip to see Julie Bolejack of Chocolate for the Spirit. (She's in the photo at right!) I had written Julie several months ago about her chocolate business and had become friends on Facebook.

There isn't much in life better than good red wine and chocolate so I want to know Central Indiana's chocolatiers! I didn't have much cash on me yesterday so just bought a milk and dark chocolate bar. I'm hoping to get to Shelbyville sometime soon and do a newspaper column and perhaps a video with Julie about pairing wine and chocolate.

Many of the Winter Market vendors also set up shop mid-day at the City Market in Indianapolis across from the City-County Building. Julie sells here chocolates there about 10-2 each week day.

Both are worth checking out for you food and wine people!

Send comment or questions to: hewitthoward@gmail.com

No comments:

Post a Comment