Wednesday, January 12, 2011

La Vieille Ferme Blanc - I Triple-Dog Dare Ya!

Are you stil in a bit of a post-holiday stupor? Many of us are suffering from a little bit of that.

I thought of the holidays this evening when I finished off a bottle of La Vieille Ferme blanc - a nice white Rhone blend from France.

I kept thinking to myself, 'Self, who wouldn't like this white wine?' I'd pour this for anyone and take a shot they'd like it. My regular wine drinking buddy drinks very little white and usually poo-poos anything I make him drink.

Ironically he really likes Cotes du Rhone red wines. So I poured the white and he liked it! He really liked it! (wait, that's another iconic 80s ad line!)

The wine is simple and straight forward and cheap, don't let the grapes scare you. The juice is a blend of Grenache Blanc, Rousanne and frankly two grapes I had never heard of previously - Bourboulenc and Ugni Blanc! Who knew?

I get mild and balanced acidity to go along with a little hint of lime. Many folks will pick up floral hints.

I paid $8.99 for this little gem and found it as low as an unbelievable $4.99 on the web.

Try it; you'll like it. It's that good. C'mon, give French whites a try.

And it's guaranteed your tongue (and palate) will like it. Your tongue won't stick either.

Try it.

I double-dog dare you!

Send comment or questions to: hewitthoward@gmail.com

No comments:

Post a Comment