Tuesday, May 22, 2012

Early Winner: Wonderful, Light Provence Dry Rose

For some time I've been trying to group my wine reviews but once in awhile a wine comes along that demands immediate attention and sharing.

I've started into my annual summer obsession with dry rose' and, in particular, Provence Dry Rose.

Tonight I opened a beauty! Chateau 2010 Revelette Coteaux d'Aix en Provence has that incredible light salmon color that is the calling card for Southern France.

The genius in wine making from German winemaker Peter Fischer is using largely Cabernet and Syrah to create one of the lighter and most delicious Rose' wines you'll find under $20.

Despite the lighter feel on the palate the Revelette is a complex wine that is herbal, floral, and has a soft lingering finish.

I have some Rose' stashed away with higher price points but this beauty is the early summer Rose' champ!

Stephen Tanzer gave this wine 91 points. Wine Spectator rated it at 88. I just recommend but I'd be closer to Tanzer's rating.

Chateau 2010 Revelette Coteaux d'Aix en Provence, 2010 vintage found at $13, 2011 vintage $17, Very Highly Recommended.

Send comment or questions to: hewitthoward@gmail.com

No comments:

Post a Comment