Thursday, May 24, 2012

Off to Italy for Work, Maybe Some Wine

Tuscan winery I visited two years ago on Colleg trip
Working in communications and marketing does have a few perks. My work at Wabash College in Central Indiana affords me the opportunity to do some travel with college programs.

I'm leaving this morning with an alumni travel group headed to Italy. (I know, tough work, etc, etc. - trust me I've heard it all.)

It actually is work but I'd be lying to say it's not a pretty cool assignment. A communications person accompanies some of these trips to blog, take photos and document the trips to help promote future alumni travel and our classroom-based immersion learning programs.

Great little wine and meat shop in Sienna
I hope to post here, probably brief updates, throughout the next week. It's a two-week trip but I'll be along for just the first week. We'll land in Pisa Friday morning, then spend five days in the charming city of Pisa, just south of Florence. The group packs up and heads south again to Assisi for a four day stay but I'll be off to Rome and back home during the second day in Assisi. The travel group continues on to Florence before returning home.

Besides enjoying the great food and wine of Italy, I'm really looking forward to Tuesday when we visit Montalcino, of course the center of all things Brunello.

So throughout the week I'm going to try to do quick wine posts and some photos. I will be writing daily for a work blog and that takes first priority. If you want to see what alumni travel looks like you can follow along on the blog I'll be maintaining during the trip - Cartolina dall' Italia - or Postcard from Italy.

Ciao!

Send comment or questions to: hewitthoward@gmail.com

No comments:

Post a Comment