Thursday, February 14, 2013

A Classic Sonoma Label Produces Great Blend

It's almost always a safe bet that when you're dealing with a company that has been in business for more than 100 years that they probably know what they're doing.

Kunde wines sort of falls into the category of something I've often seen on wineshop shelves but never previously bought. I didn't have a positive or negative impression - just didn't know much about Kunde wines.

A friend bought my a mixed case of goodies from Napa Sonoma last fall and it included a Kunde 2007 Red Dirt Red blend. I recently opened it and it blew me away. This is darn fine wine for around the $30 price point.

It's a great American-grown, Italian blend of Barbera, Petite Sirah, Syrah, Zinfandel, and Sangiovese. It has really nice intense red fruit, spice, nicely balanced and a lasting smooth finish!

Meat off the grill or red sauce-based dishes would rock with this wine. I had a nice round tip roast, medium-rare, that made a perfect companion. I'm anxious to try more Kunde wines.

Kunde 2007 Red Dirt Red, $28, Highly Recommended.

Send comment or questions to: hewitthoward@gmail.com

No comments:

Post a Comment