Monday, May 25, 2009

A Bit Bolder Dry Rose from Spain

I am playing catch up tonight and posting a very brief entry about a Rose I opened a couple nights ago.

I had a Calderona 2007 Rose' from Spain. I picked it up at Cork & Cracker for $11.99 and it was dynamite Rose.

It definitely has a stronger flavor than many Rose wines but it's an interesting blend of 70 percent Tempranillo, 20 percent Garache (how they spelled it on the bottle) and 10 percent Verdejo.

I had the wine with some grilled lamb chops on Saturday night and it was a wonderful pairing. It was well balanced with a bigger-than-you'd expect flavor. I didn't make notes, but when Ashley recommends trying a wine I often pick one up!

I love the Spanish Garnacha (how you'll often see it spelled) but found this Rose with mostly Tempranillo a great glass of juice!

Send comment or questions to: hewitthoward@gmail.com

No comments:

Post a Comment