Tuesday, April 21, 2009

My Visit to the Hoosier Wine Cellar

Several weeks back I heard from Allen "Ole" Olson who writes and does video segments for "Hoosier Wine Cellar." That blog serves the Bloomington Herald Times newspapers, a couple of other papers served by the same ownership, and a whole wine community.

Ole did an interview with me about my column writing and wine interest. I'm pretty happy with the way it turned out.

If you click here it will take you to the short written intro. And on that page you can click video to see the interview.

We did a second segment with Craig Baker who has started an Oregon winery in the Willamette Valley, Oregon. Chris and Craig formed Ancient Cellar Winery and have produced a Pinot Gris and Pinot Noir.

You can see that video here.

Craig lives on the northside of Indianapolis and markets the wine while brother Chris is the winemaker out in Oregon. I was pleasantly suprised to find that the "Gilt" Pinot Gris is available around Indiana including Ken's Liquors in Crawfordsville!

I visited Chris during my recent visit to Oregon and will have more on him in the near future.

Send comment or questions to: hewitthoward@gmail.com

No comments:

Post a Comment