Thursday, August 6, 2009

Donna's Pick-of-the Week a Great California Sauv Blanc

I've mentioned shopping at the Village Bottle Shop in W. Lafayette several times in this blog and finally met wine guru Donna Lattanzio just this week.

Donna had a long career on the distributor's side and has managed the Bottle Shop for nearly a dozen years.

I've been buying there since the first of the year and couldn't resist picking up her "Pick of the Week" a Rutherford Provenance 2007 Sauvignon Blanc. The deal was $9.99 for a wine I found online for up to $18-$19!

This is a beautiful and soft Sauv Blanc. I got notes of peaches, pear, with light mineral qualities and a pleasant acidity on the finish.

Wine Spectator gave this wine an 88 rating. You'll normally find this nice California wine for around $15.

I had the wine with a pan-seared piece of salmon. I think it would be great with most seafood.

So if you get near W. Lafayette, on the 52 bypass, stop in and say hi to Donna. She will steer you to some great wine buys.

Send comment or questions to: hewitthoward@gmail.com

No comments:

Post a Comment