Thursday, August 13, 2009

A Middle-of-the-Pack Spanish Garnacha Rose


I have not opened any Rose' lately so I grabbed a bottle from the rack for some left over pasta.

This was 2008 Za Za Rose' of Garnacha from Spain.It was just a little flat for my taste, the berry flavors were a tad muted and the finish undistinguished. In other words the fruit tasted bland and there wasn't much acidity on the finish.

It has big flavor and will hold up with some food okay, but with all of the wonderful choices in Rose' wines this one disappointed.

I bought in for $9.99 in Indianapolis.

I found a few online reviews that largely liked this wine and rated it in the high 80s. I respectfully disagree. It's not bad wine, it's just not really good Rose'.

Send comment or questions to: hewitthoward@gmail.com

No comments:

Post a Comment